Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Barn Owl Lake : 90 kg catfish caught by Chris Bristow

"Hi Sandrine,
Please find enclosed pictures of cat caught at Barn Owl Lake last weekend.
The details are as follows: Shimano hyperloop 12 foot barbel power-rod. Shimano 4000 symetre reel loaded with 12lb mono and attached to a 25lb fluorocarbon hook link and a Hutchy size 6 hook......... bait was dog biscuit !!!
90 kilos, 2.3 metres in length - swim was prebaited the previous night with Frolic by Simon.
The beast took me an hour and 25 mins to land, it's the first fish I've ever had in the press and only this time as a tribute to my good friend - Simon Horton.
This is the most amazing lake I have ever come across, the fish are stacked up like breeze blocks - I would defy anybody to fish properly with more than one rod, it is just not possible to keep any more in the water. The loss of 2 bigger fish has prompted me to come back with my good friend, David Richings, later in the year in an effort to empty it !!
Kind regards"
Chris Bristow





No comments:

Post a Comment