Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Fishing in Spain


I've always thoroughly enjoyed the fishing in Spain and to be honest most waters have been kind to us in terms of results. The guided catfish trips to Mequinenza and Caspe have been running since 2002 and I can't even imagine how many fish have come out to our guests. If you are interested I have two dates left for Caspe this year, one in June and one in September, both very productive periods. I have done some fieldtesting on other Spanish lakes mostly targetting predators, the target for 2008 was to catch a 40lb+ pike, after having several 35plusses, I managed to bank late december an absolute crocodile of a pike measuring 1m35 ! I won't even comment on the number of zander caught because when you hit it right it is one a chuck. Hence, if any of you guys wish to experience something different on massive beautiful waters with little or no pressure, give us a call. The typical day is made of lure fishing from a boat then getting back to camp to do some carp fishing for those that are not too knackered from the day on the boat.


No comments:

Post a Comment